Friday, August 3, 2012

The key is to find a routine.


At first, I was terribly homesick. I would have probably gone home to visit if it wasn't so far away. But then again, I realized why I was here. And I don't have that homesick feeling anymore. Of course I miss the people back in Virginia, but it's the experience here and the fresh slate that counts.







It's a bit slow right now, but I've made friends whom I've grown very fond of. Yeah I came to Australia to explore and to see the sights and natural beauty, but that'll come in due time. For now, I want to flourish these friendships. 

The people of Chisholm College and La Trobe Uni have coordinated so many events for the students to interact and converse. Just last night, we had a Tower Parade, which consisted of all 12 towers having assigned themes and dressing up according to the themes. Not only was it a costume contest, the residents of each tower had to choreograph a dance. Tower 11 (my tower) was assigned Disney, and I went as Woody. Needless to say, it was a ridiculous night with some of the most fantastic costumes I've ever seen.



School is very slow at this time, especially because I'm only taking three classes. Most of the days are spent in solitude, which is a great thing once in a while. Often, I like to just put my headphones in, put on some comfortable shoes, and hop on the bus or the tram and just go explore. It's times like that I get to think about things that are happening around me. It's a very blessed time.



No comments:

Post a Comment