Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Night Before My Flight

I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about leaving my country for an extended time. So much can and will happen in six months and it's nerve-wrecking what will become of me and you all by the time I come back. It will require much growth and I fully expect to take advantage of every situation. I will be taking a full courseload at LaTrobe University, but I'm not in it for the grades. If I came home without receiving any credits, honestly, I could care less. This isn't about credit hours. This is 100% about the experience and how I can grow as a person. My good friend, Drew, once told me, "Don't let classes get in the way of college." I plan to live by that quote. 






I hold dear to me the relationships I have made with you all.

And without missing a beat, you all were there to send me off properly. 
Thank you everyone for keeping my spirits lifted and thoroughly reminding me what is waiting for me in Virginia.



And most importantly, to my family. To my very understanding parents, who were more than willing to support me on this journey. I can only promise them that I will grow to be a person of character with a clearer vision in life. And to my sister, who has been nothing but supportive and encouraging throughout my life. Thank you for always being able to lend a ear or sharing a great laugh (or a stupid GIF).
































































"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all that he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment